The CFPB and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network will host a complimentary webinar Thursday, June 7, at 2 p.m. to discuss combatting elder financial abuse. The webinar will address the joint-memorandum the agencies issued last August that was intended to provide better coordination among financial institutions, law enforcement and adult protective service agencies in an effort to protect the elderly from financial exploitation.
The session will also include information on filing Suspicious Activity Reports, commonly known as SARs, and how the reports can assist law enforcement in their investigations of elder financial abuse.
Click here to register for the webinar.
- Jenefer Duane, senior program analyst at the CFPB’s Office for Older Americans;
- Laura Richardson, section chief for FinCEN’s Intelligence Division;
- Peter Gallagher, New Jersey deputy attorney general;
- Elaine Dodd, EVP, Fraud Division, with the Oklahoma Bankers Association; and
- Steve Vallejo, SVP/corporate security director at Bank of the West.