The New York Credit Union Association will host a “Let’s Connect New York” reception for attendees of the 2020 CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference. New York advocates who are planning to attend the 2020 CUNA GAC are invited to join credit union leaders from throughout the state at the reception on Sunday, Feb. 23, from 5 to 6:30 p.m., at Fig & Olive, located at 934 Palmer Alley NW (on the second floor), in Washington, D.C.
The 2020 CUNA GAC will be held Feb. 23–27 in Washington, D.C. The CUNA GAC is considered the premier event for political impact in the credit union industry, drawing thousands of credit union advocates from across the country each year. In addition to the keynote and educational sessions, the event also includes face-to-face meetings with some of the most influential policymakers in the country.
This year’s keynote speakers include:
- Nikki Haley, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and former governor of South Carolina;
- Marcus Buckingham, a best-selling author and advisor to employers;
- David Plouffe, considered the architect of President Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns;
- Platon, an award-winning photographer and founder of The People’s Portfolio;
- Stephanie Cutter, considered one of the most prominent voices in the Democratic party and a top strategist and crisis manager by Politico; and
- Nicolle Wallace, a political analyst, New York Times best-selling author and a long-time strategist for the GOP.
The event will again be emceed by Antonio Neves, an internationally recognized workplace speaker, career success coach and author.
New York attendees should register for the event through the CUNA GAC website and secure lodging through the Association. No registration is necessary to attend the “Let’s Connect New York” reception.