As part of its Hike the Hill advocacy efforts, the New York Credit Union Association has announced several upcoming virtual meetings with legislators, including Rep. Paul Tonko (NY-20) on Thursday, Feb. 24.
Despite the fact that CUNA GAC is being held virtually rather than in Washington, D.C., this year, meeting with members of Congress remains vitally important to the New York Credit Union Association’s advocacy efforts.
The Association’s Virtual Hike the Hill event provides credit union advocates the opportunity to discuss legislative matters influencing everyday operations and procedures with members of Congress. All New York credit union advocates are welcomed to participate.
The current schedule of meetings include:
- 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23: U.S. Rep. Tom Reed (NY-23).
- 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24: U.S. Rep. Paul Tonko (NY-20);
- 12 p.m. Monday March 1: Legislative Director Kayla Williams (on behalf of Rep. Brian Higgins);
- 1 p.m. Monday March 1: Rep. Tom Suozzi; and
- 2 p.m. Friday March 5: Rep. Carolyn Maloney.
Links to access the meetings can be found on the Association’s website. Additional meetings are being scheduled and will be held throughout March. Please note that, just as in-person meetings are subject to time and date changes based on lawmaker availability, so are virtual meetings and your flexibility is appreciated.
A briefing document for federal Hike the Hill meetings can be found here.