The New York Credit Union Association announced the election results of its board of director positions during the 2021 Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony on Thursday. During the meeting it was announced that Robyn Young, CEO of Great Erie FCU, was named Chair of the Association’s board of directors.
The event also included updates on the Association from board officers and William J. Mellin, Association president/CEO, in addition to updates from industry partners CUNA Mutual Group and Alloya Corporate FCU. The event was followed by a chocolate tasting and wine pairing networking event.
The following individuals were elected to the Association’s board of directors:
Asset Tier 1 (up to $100 million)
- John C. Gibardi, president/CEO, Entertainment Industries FCU
- Garrett (Gary) Gizowski, CEO, Educational and Governmental Employees FCU
Asset Tier 2 ($100 million and over)
- Eric Hepkins, CEO, Cornerstone Community FCU
- Robyn Young, CEO, Great Erie FCU
Asset Tier 2A ($1 billion and over)
- Wayne N. Grossé, CEO, Bethpage FCU
Additionally, the following board officers were announced:
- Robyn Young, chair, CEO, Great Erie FCU
- Tony Rohrmeier, vice chair, EVP/COO, Hudson Valley CU
- Eric Hepkins, treasurer, CEO, Cornerstone Community FCU
- Maggie Pope, secretary, CEO/manager, Mountain Valley FCU
During the meeting, Mellin recognized Ann Hynes, president/CEO of St. Pius X FCU and outgoing chair of the Association’s board of directors. “You’ve led this organization admirably and exceptionally during this pandemic,” Mellin said. “It’s a shame that we cannot meet in person to recognize your leadership this year, but I certainly look forward to it in 2022. Thank you for all your efforts.”
Valued sponsors of the 2021 Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony included CUNA Mutual Group, title sponsor; Alloya Corporate FCU, premier sponsor; and Abrigo, Quinte Financial Technologies, MEA Financial Enterprises, LLC, Vibrant, eScope, UsNet and OwnersChoice — Award Ceremony sponsors. Click here to learn more about the event sponsors.
EXCEL 2022 will be held in person June 16-19, 2022 at the Sagamore Resort in Lake George. Additional details and registration information will be announced as it becomes available.