Two New York state credit unions have been named best credit unions to work for in the United States by the Credit Union Journal.
CAP COM FCU
With $2.2 billion in assets, CAP COM FCU was ranked number five in its asset category and number seven overall.
Among the reasons CAP COM FCU, based in Albany, was selected as a top credit union to work for include:
- managers award “bonus points” for performance, participation or volunteer work, and as employees accrue points, they are eligible for prizes;
- as part of the credit union’s companywide diversity, equity and inclusion initiative, employees receive an additional “floating holiday” each year to celebrate an event or holiday that holds personal meaning; and
- employees are given one day off each year to volunteer for an organization or cause of their choice.
From Chris McKenna, president/CEO, CAP COM Federal Credit Union:
We are very excited to be named a 2021 Best Credit Union to Work for by the Credit Union Journal which is now a part of American Banker. And we’re particularly proud that we placed seventh overall out of 55 credit unions nationwide, and fifth overall out of credit unions with assets of more than $1 Billion! This is an incredible honor and would not be possible without each and every one of our employees. Their collective energy, passion and dedication to our members and each other is what makes CAP COM truly a ‘best place to work!’
Northern Credit Union
With at $417.7 million in assets, Northern Credit Union, headquartered in Watertown, was ranked number five in the $200 million to $500 million category and number 14 overall.
Among the reasons Northern Credit Union was selected as a top credit union to work for include:
- a quarterly and annual employee attendance recognition programs;
- “wow space” recognition notices based on member or employee feedback for showing initiative that goes above and beyond; and
- onsite personal development and/or stress management workshops, seminars and classes.
From Dan St. Hilaire, Northern CU president/CEO:
We should be very proud to have once again earned this glorious distinction and the envy of the thousands of CUs that fell short. We continue to take pride in our people-first culture, graciously congratulate Colorado Credit Union for earning this year’s #1 ranking and are hungry and committed to improving our ranking in 2022! We are so very grateful to have such a wonderful group of teams that eagerly arrive to work each morning with an inspired attitude and unwavering resolve to continuously perform better than the day before!
The full list of best credit unions to work for can be accessed at the Credit Union Journal.