The New York Credit Union Association’s virtual 2022 Lending School, set for April 7-8, will deliver the expert insights and hands-on training credit unions need to take their lending programs to a new level.
Participants can join for one or both days of this high-impact, interactive and informative session. Day one will focus on specialized consumer loan sales training, while specialized consumer underwriting training will be the focus of day two.
Day one: Specialized consumer loan sales training
This remote course covers the interview/sales portion of the loan interview. This training is primarily focused on building a performing loan and maximizing cross-sales and ancillary sales, and topics will include.
- what must happen on every call;
- what a good notes page looks like;
- closing with the relationship in mind;
- appropriate cross-sell methods;
- building confidence over the phone and online;
- how to take a risk based loan application;
- reducing risk through the loan interview;
- selling ancillary products;
- asking for cash down; and
- building a performing loan.
Day two: Specialized consumer underwriting training
This remote training focuses on evaluating risk (underwriting) and covers the underwriting portion of the loan interview, including:
- principles of successful loan decision making;
- bankruptcy predictors;
- lending on old collateral;
- loan amount guidelines;
- total and unsecured debt ratio analysis;
- lending to young borrowers;
- lending to self-employed members;
- the proper use of co-signers;
- real risk factors vs. not-so-real risk factors;
- underwriting higher-risk loans;
- the underwriting approaches needed for higher-risk loans;
- principles of successful loan decision making; and
- debt consolidation loans.