A new website, YourMoneyFurther.com, provides consumers with the opportunity to learn more about credit unions near them and identify the best prospects for credit union membership.
The website, launched by CUNA, is the focal point for the research-backed awareness initiative being led by CUNA and state credit union leagues—commonly referred to as the “Open Your Eyes” initiative—intended to grow credit union consideration among consumers. Landing pages within the site provide specific information on the eligibility, fee-free ATMs, rate offerings, financial planning and mobile banking access availability at credit unions nationwide.
YourMoneyFurther.com includes information and facts designed to break down common myths about credit unions, including the following:
- over 5,000 credit unions are available in the U.S. with 99 percent of Americans being eligible to join;
- credit unions have the largest free ATM network in America, with access to over 30,000 ATMs;
- credit union members get 2.5 time more interest on their savings than banks;
- 89 percent of members favor their credit union experience over their experience with banks;
- credit union members save more on their credit card interest when compared to banks; and
- online and mobile banking is simple at credit unions, providing access to money from coast to coast.
The site’s footer states: “This is sponsored by America’s credit unions and is aimed at increasing consumer consideration of credit unions for financial services. Our goal is to help consumers understand that credit unions offer unique opportunities and benefits.”
Issues or questions with the site, including issues with the credit union locator tool, can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.