The New York Credit Union Association released the results of the 2019 Membership Survey, which included feedback from 189 credit union leaders from every chapter and asset size. The online survey was conducted from Feb. 12-22.
Highlights from the survey include:
- 99 percent of respondents believe the Association is delivering on our mission: Advancing the credit union movement by advocating, educating, uniting and supporting the interests of all credit unions statewide.
- 99.5 percent of respondents consider the Association an effective advocate for New York credit unions.
- 98 percent of respondents consider the Association to be effective at educating the state credit union movement.
- 96 percent of respondents believe the Association is effective at supporting the New York credit union movement.
- 95 percent of respondents consider the Association to be effective when it comes to uniting New York’s credit unions.
- 94 percent of respondents said the New York Credit Union Foundation was effective in carrying out its mission: Fostering the financial independence of all New Yorkers through credit unions.
- 94 percent of respondents said the Association’s chapters are effective in providing networking, educational and cooperative opportunities.
The survey also asked the credit union leaders to identify their top strategic priorities for the year ahead. Common answers included growing memberships and loans, implementing new technologies, increasing capital and net worth, attracting and engaging young members, and staff training and professional development opportunities.