The CFPB released a new savings booklet and email boot camp, which provides eight tools to help consumers plan for short-term and long-term goals.
The booklet is meant to be used in conjunction with one-on-one financial counseling or coaching received through a case manager or other service provider, but it can also be used by individuals on their own as they think about how to start and keep saving, according to a CFPB blog post.
The tools in the booklet help answer the following questions:
- What could saving make possible for me?
- Where can I put my savings?
- How can I plan to save?
- How can I save more in my current situation?
- How much can I save each month?
- How can I manage cash flow better?
- How can I save when I get a tax refund?
- How can I prepare for unexpected expenses?
The new CFPB Savings Boot Camp email series also informs consumes on how to start saving and addresses issues such as: building a savings plan, making savings automatic, better managing cash flow, and saving at tax time, including using all of part of a tax refund to
To learn more, visit the CFPB’s website.