Registration is open for the New York Credit Union Association’s 2019 Tech Forward conference. The event will be held Oct. 21-22 at the Rivers Casino and Resort in Schenectady. Over the course of two days, the conference will feature a wide range of presenters and fintech experts who will explain how credit unions can embrace and harness emerging technologies.
The conference will kick off with a presentation titled “The Credit Union Cybersecurity Chronicles,” facilitated by James Carroll of Secure Network Technologies. Carroll will break down the vulnerabilities he uses to hack credit unions as well as the vulnerabilities malicious attackers use to infect and run malware on credit union networks. He will also review who the attackers are; what the attackers are after and what they target; how the attackers exploit the targets; what the credit unions were doing wrong; and how it could have been prevented.
Other topics will address:
- fintech trends, led by a representative of CUNA Mutual Group;
- the realities of innovation in the financial services sector, led by Dr. Michael Hudson, a keynote speaker, strategist and coach;
- building a new foundation for innovation in the credit union industry, led by Brian Hamilton, VP of innovation & insights at CU Direct;
- QPS and what the fraud and risk mitigation fintech solution provider offers; and
- information on Best Innovation Group led by the company’s Product Director Elizabeth Robins.
The online registration deadline is Friday, Oct. 4.
To learn more and register, visit the Association’s website.