Dannemora FCU announced a $40,000 philanthropic initiative to support multiple nonprofit organizations in the North Country focusing on COVID-19 relief.
Funds received by the recipient organizations will be used for support services for individuals and families facing financial hardship due to the pandemic and patient or health care support,.
“The effect of this pandemic has been far reaching and has had a direct impact on our neighbors in the North Country” said Dannemora FCU President/CEO Chris Hay. “We have families struggling financially and the impact to our hospitals has been dramatic. We believe that in these difficult times, it is more important than ever to step forward and provide some much needed assistance to our community.”
In determining the contribution amount to allocate for each organization, Dannemora FCU considered the organization’s total size, scope of service, and needs in the area related to the pandemic. All recipient organizations are located within Dannemora FCU’s service areas of Clinton, Essex, Franklin, and St. Lawrence counties.
The complete list of recipient organizations include:
- $20,000 to the United Way of the Adirondack Region Emily Fund;
- $10,000 to the Foundation of Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital;
- $2,500 to the UVM Health Network, Alice Hyde Medical Center, Office of Philanthropy;
- $2,500 to the Adirondack Health Foundation;
- $1,000 to the Elizabethtown Community Hospital;
- $1,000 to the Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center Foundation;
- $1,000 to the Massena Memorial Hospital Foundation;
- $1,000 to the Canton-Potsdam Hospital Foundation; and
- $1,000 to Wilderness Health Care Foundation (Clifton-Fine Hospital).