The New York Credit Union Association is kicking off next week’s International Credit Union Week with a series of virtual town hall meetings with legislators.
“Meeting with our members of Congress remains vitally important to our advocacy efforts, even if it means finding new ways to do so amid the current public health crisis,” said William J. Mellin, the Association’s president/CEO. “These virtual town halls will provide credit union advocates the opportunity to discuss legislative matters that influence everyday operations and procedures with our members of Congress.”
The meetings are intended to function as “mini town hall” events, allowing attendees to ask questions and hear directly from their members of Congress as the November election approaches.
Currently scheduled meetings include:
- Rep. Carolyn Maloney: Today, 12:30 p.m.;
- Candidate Ritchie Torres (NY-15): Oct. 14: 12 p.m.;
- Rep. Joe Morelle: Oct. 14, 1 p.m.;
- Rep. Tom Suozzi: Oct. 14, 1 p.m.;
- Rep. Tom Reed: Oct. 15, 11 a.m.;
- Rep. Anthony Brindisi: Oct 21, 12:30 p.m.; and
- Candidate Jackie Gordon (NY-2): Oct. 26, 11 a.m.
Visit the Association’s website for more information and to register for the town hall meetings. Additional meetings that will be held throughout October are in the works.