The New York Credit Union Association’s series of virtual town hall meetings with legislators continues, with additional meetings scheduled.
“Meeting with our members of Congress remains vitally important to our advocacy efforts, even if it means finding new ways to do so amid the current public health crisis,” said William J. Mellin, the Association’s president/CEO. “These virtual town halls will provide credit union advocates the opportunity to discuss legislative matters that influence everyday operations and procedures with our members of Congress.”
The meetings are intended to function as “mini town hall” events, allowing attendees to ask questions and hear directly from their members of Congress as the November election approaches.
Currently scheduled meetings include:
- Kate Chiucchini (on behalf of Congresswoman Kathleen Rice): Oct. 20, 1 p.m.
- Rep. Anthony Brindisi: Oct. 21, 12:30 p.m.
- Candidate Ritchie Torres: Oct. 22, 11:30 a.m.
- Candidate Jackie Gordon (NY-2): Oct. 26, 11 a.m.
- Rep. Paul Tonko: Oct. 27, 12:30 p.m.
Visit the Association’s website for more information and to register for the town hall meetings.