New York Credit Union Association members maintain highly favorable views of the organization, and membership in the trade association remains extremely valuable to New York’s credit unions, according to the results of the Association’s 2020 Membership Survey.
The online survey, conducted in December 2020, included feedback from 69 credit union leaders, representing approximately one quarter of the association’s membership.
Highlights from the survey responses include:
- 97% of respondents said the Association was succeeding in its mission: Advancing the credit union movement by advocating, educating, uniting and supporting the interests of all credit unions statewide.
- 97% of respondents said Association membership was valuable to their credit union.
- 97% of respondents said they were satisfied with Association membership.
- 97% of respondents said the Association is effective at supporting credit unions.
- 95% of respondents said the Association is effective at uniting the credit union movement.
- 94% of respondents said the Association is an effective advocate.
- 94% of respondents said the Association is an effective educator of New York’s credit unions.
- Respondents said compliance is the most utilized support service offered by the Association.
“The New York Credit Union Association carries out our mission with passion and earnestness, and our commitment to the New York credit union community is reflected in the responses we received in our latest Membership Survey,” said William J. Mellin, the Association’s president/CEO. “2020 was a challenging year for us all, but the Association continued to unite the state’s credit unions with unparalleled advocacy, professional development and support services. As we transition to 2021, New York’s credit unions can know we are here as their dedicated and steadfast partner – just as we have been for over 100 years.”