The New York Credit Union Association’s Virtual Advocacy Tour continues through March, and has already included several meetings with key legislators, including Sen. Chuck Schumer.
In a meeting with Schumer on Wednesday, the senator expressed his continued support of credit unions, saying they represent an important link to the community, and particularly so during the pandemic. “I’m a believer in you,” Schumer told the credit union advocates during the meeting.
As part of its Hike the Hill advocacy efforts continuing in March, the Association has several additional virtual meetings with legislators scheduled, and credit union advocates are encouraged to participate.
Despite the ongoing pandemic, meeting with lawmakers remains vitally important to the New York Credit Union Association’s advocacy efforts.
The Association’s Virtual Hike the Hill event provides credit union advocates the opportunity to discuss legislative matters influencing everyday operations and procedures with members of Congress and the state Legislature. All New York credit union advocates are welcomed to participate.
The current schedule of upcoming meetings (with more to be added) include:
- Capital Region Assembly & State Senate lawmakers: March 12, 10 a.m.
- Mid-Hudson Valley State Senators: March 12, 1 p.m.
- Mid-Hudson Valley State Assemblymembers: March 12, 1:30 p.m.
- Long Island Assembly & State Senate lawmakers: March 19, 10 a.m.
- North Country Assembly & State Senate lawmakers: March 19, 1 p.m.
- Southern Tier Assembly & State Senate lawmakers: March 19, 3 p.m.
- Western New York Assembly & State Senate lawmakers: March 26, 10 a.m.
- Central New York Assembly & State Senate lawmakers: March 26, 1 p.m.
Links to access the meetings can be found on the Association’s website. Additional meetings are being scheduled and will be held throughout March. Please note that, just as in-person meetings are subject to time and date changes based on lawmaker availability, so are virtual meetings.
A briefing document for federal Hike the Hill meetings can be found here.