May provides a plethora of learning opportunities and exclusive New York Credit Union Association events available to credit union professionals and volunteers, with the month kicking off with a discussion with Todd Harper, NCUA chairman.
Discussion with NCUA Chairman Todd Harper
Credit union professionals and volunteers are invited to join the Association for an exclusive discussion with the Todd Harper, NCUA chairman, on May 5 from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. During the discussion, Harper will update participants on the happenings at NCUA and share insights from his time at the agency. Interested participants can register for the event on the Association’s website.
Collections & Bankruptcy Conference
The Association’s Collections & Bankruptcy conference is back and all new for 2021, in a virtual format. The conference, which will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on May 11, will help your credit union as it continues to find its “new normal,” and help recognize the new opportunities and hidden traps that may exist in assisting the troubled member in 2021. Interested participants can register on the Association’s website.
2021 CEO Roundtable events
The Association is again hosting upcoming CEO Roundtables – virtually in 2021 — for credit union leaders to engage in an open exchange of dialogue and ideas.
- A CEO Roundtable for credit unions over $100 million in assets will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. on May 18, and feature an economic update from Steve Rick of CUNA Mutual Group and CEO dialogue and open discussion facilitated by Mark Sievewright of Sievewright & Associates. The event will be followed by a 30-minute virtual networking reception. Visit the Association’s website to register.
- A CEO Roundtable for credit unions up to $100 million in assets will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. on May 20, and feature an economic update from Steve Rick of CUNA Mutual Group and CEO dialogue and open discussion facilitated by management consultant George Towle. The event will be followed by a 30-minute virtual networking reception. Visit the Association’s website to register.
Learning opportunities abound in May with several webinars, including:
- Current Trends in Cyber Crime & Payments Fraud, May 4;
- Loan Stress Testing for the Credit Analyst, May 5;
- Advanced Commercial Loan Documentation, May 6;
- Residential Construction-Only & Construction-to-Permanent Lending: Compliance & FAQs, May 10;
- Your Borrower is Threatening Bankruptcy, Now What? May 11;
- HR Dos & Don’ts in a Virtual World, May 12;
- 5 Steps to Simplify Reg E Claims, May 13;
- Unpacking NCUA’s Joint Ownership Rule: New-Found Flexibility on Share Accounts, May 17;
- Developments in Mergers & Acquisitions; May 18;
- Surviving a TRID Compliance Exam, May 19;
- Residential Appraisal Reviews from Start to Finish, May 20;
- The Virtual World of Collections, May 25;
- Handling W-9s, W-8BENs & IRS Mismatches, May 26; and
- Marketing in 2021: Virtual Relationships & the New Consumer, May 27.
Additional webinars, available on-demand, can be accessed on the Association’s website. Reminder: Member credit unions can take advantage of two complimentary webinars available to them throughout 2021, courtesy of the Association’s partnership with the Credit Union Webinar Network. The codes do not apply to virtual conferences; they are valid through Dec. 31, 2021. More information about the complimentary webinars is available on the Association’s website.
Even more Association learning opportunities and events are currently available on-demand and can be accessed on the Association’s website.