The New York Credit Union Association’s Collections & Bankruptcy conference is back and all new for 2021, in a virtual format.
The conference, which will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, May 11, will help your credit union as it continues to find its “new normal,” and help recognize the new opportunities and hidden traps that may exist in assisting the troubled member in 2021.
Join credit union attorney and collections consultant David Reed as he highlights the latest techniques, tips and best practices to maximize your collections function in today’s complicated environment. The event includes real world examples, sample checklists and ample time to answer your questions.
The session will cover maximizing collections opportunities and fine-tuning the bankruptcy process, including:
- reviewing the major developments in collections;
- maximizing the virtual workflow;
- understanding setoffs and statutory liens – what can you take and how;
- appreciating workout options – from consumer loans to real estate;
- mining for member service opportunities;
- overview of key bankruptcy rules – from automatic stay to discharge;
- maximizing recovery opportunities;
- avoiding inadvertent violations of the automatic stay;
- capturing collateral after discharge; and
- account placement methods and checklist
Interested participants can register on the Association’s website.