Credit union professionals can explore the laws and regulations affecting their credit union at the New York Credit Union Association’s two-day virtual Compliance and Legal Conference next week, from 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 28 and 29.
Over the past year, there has been no shortage of regulations, laws and legal cases that have had a direct impact on New York’s credit unions, and the Association’s virtual Compliance & Legal Conference can help credit union professionals navigate these new developments.
During this timely and informative two-day session, credit union professionals will hear important updates on state and federal regulations, human resources, cannabis banking and practical law — all of which are directly applicable to credit unions in New York.
The lineup includes:
- HR/Employment Update: John Bagyi, Esq., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Bond, Schoeneck & King;
- Legislative Update: Kristina Persaud, legislative analyst, New York Credit Union Association;
- Practical Law: A Look at Cases That Will Impact Your Credit Union: Henry Meier, SVP/general counsel, New York Credit Union Association;
- Compliance Update: Henry Meier, SVP/general counsel, New York Credit Union Association;
- Cannabis Banking: Deirdra O’Gorman, founder/principal, DX Consulting; and
- Cyber Insurance: The Complete Guide For What You Need to Know: Jay Isaacson, VP, P&C Solutions, and Derek Laczniak, director of Cyber Liability/Partner, M3 Insurance.
Credit union professionals can register for the two-day virtual Compliance and Legal Conference on the Association’s website. Interested participants may also apply for a professional development grant on the New York Credit Union Foundation website.