EXCEL 22 attendees won’t want to miss out on this year’s lineup of Learning Labs highlighting a variety of dynamic topics during the New York Credit Union Association’s Annual Meeting and Convention, set for June 16–19.
No registration is necessary to attend the Learning Labs, and the hour-long Learning Labs will kick off on Friday, June 17 at 2:15 p.m. and include the following topics:
- Why Recapture is the Most Important Lending Strategy for Credit Unions: Hear from Nicholas Hinrichsen, CEO/founder of Clutch, and Sam Das, managing director of CMFG Ventures, to learn how to implement these strategies and provide solutions that allow credit unions to recapture members’ debt.
- Discard Typical Comfort Zone CU Thinking — Immediate Investment Portfolio Strategies for a Rising Rate Environment: Tobias E. Timm, executive director of Investments at Oppenheimer & Co., will offer “out of the box” portfolio strategies that worked effectively during the last rising interest rate cycle 2015–2018, to help credit unions position opportunistically for the current interest rate cycle.
- Does Your Technology Align with your Strategy?: Starla Honera, SVP of sales at CU*South, will provide participants with the information to know about the credit union software industry and how to prepare for the next due diligence cycle.
The second sessions on Friday will begin at 3:30 p.m. and the topics will include:
- Tech and Touch — Creating an Omnichannel Experience for Today’s Member: Hear from Jim Caliendo, president/CEO of PWCampbell, and gain a thorough understanding of the relevance of each branch delivery channel and how to effectively blend the two to increase member satisfaction and better position your credit union for the future.
- Contract Center — Improve Member Experience and Security Without Compromises: Explore the current threat landscape for fraud/account takeovers, and how to balance risk mitigation with member experience. Led by Dr. Milind Borkar, CEO/founder of Illuma, and Karan Kashyap, CEO/co-founder at Posh Technologies.
- Strategy as we Emerge From Disruption: Participate in discussion of the top ten strategic topics being discussed by credit unions right now, led by Jeffrey Paille, CPA, partner at The Bonadio Group.
- How Credit Unions of any Size Can Grow Their Business With AI Underwriting: Learn about AI underwriting and how credit unions of all sizes can increase the accuracy of credit models, allowing you to approve more borrowers safely. Led by Dan Chiazza, COO of Zest.
The learning labs will continue on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. with three more topics including:
- Connecting Consumers to Credit Unions: Raising Awareness & Engagement: Learn about Credit Union Awareness, which delivers the industry’s only national and state-level consumer marketing program designed to generate consideration and engagement for credit unions, from Richard Diner, senior director of Credit UnionAwareness, LLC.
- Omnichannel Texting: Learn about ways to engage with members with Omni-Channel Texting, and easily add video, audio and files to conversations. Led by Ashish Garg, CEO/founder of Eltropy.
- Identify & Mitigate | Protect Your Credit Union from Cyber Threats: Learn about the current cybersecurity landscape, how to identify cybersecurity risks at your credit union and proven methods that can be used to resolve and mitigate those risks. Led by Dean Choudhri, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, VP, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, Alloya Corporate FCU.
EXCEL 22 will be held June 16-19 at the beautiful Sagamore Resort on Lake George. Learn more about the Learning Labs, and register for EXCEL 22 on the Association’s website. Join us as we get back in the New York groove!