The New York Credit Union Association recognized the two newest New York state members of the Credit Union House Hall of Leaders, which is located in the Credit Union House in Washington, D.C., during EXCEL 22, the Association’s Annual Meeting & Convention held at the Sagamore Resort on Lake George June 16–19.
The Credit Union House Hall of Leaders recognizes champions of the credit union movement for their leadership and commitment to the philosophy of people helping people.
2022 inductees include Mike Vadala, past president/CEO of the Summit Federal Credit Union, and Paula Stopera, past president/CEO of CAP COM Federal Credit Union, who received the award posthumously. Stopera’s daughter, Amanda Goyer, accepted the award on her mother’s behalf.
Previous inductees from New York state include:
- 2019: Jim Doig, president/CEO of Sidney Federal Credit Union
- 2018: Al Frosolone, president/CEO of Niagara’s Choice Federal Credit Union
- 2016: Shirley Jenkins, board secretary of Municipal Credit Union
- 2014; Robert G. Allen, president/CEO of Teachers Federal Credit Union
- 2013: Frank Berrish, president/CEO of Visions Federal Credit Union and Michael Connery, president/CEO of United Nations Federal Credit Union
- 2012: John Prumo president/CEO of GPO Federal Credit Union