The CFPB is accepting applications for membership on its advisory committees, including its Credit Union Advisory Council, until July 24. The advisory groups provide the bureau with information about emerging trends and practices in the consumer financial marketplace and allow the CFPB to hear directly from financial institutions.
The bureau is encouraging applicants to apply who are:
- experts in consumer protection, community development, consumer finance, fair lending, and civil rights;
- experts in consumer financial products or services, including consumer reporting, student lending, small dollar lending, credit cards, debt collection and debt relief;
- experts in consumer finance education;
- representatives of credit unions that serve underserved communities;
- representatives of communities that have been significantly impacted by higher priced mortgage loans;
- current employees of credit unions; or
- academics with a strong research and publishing or practitioner background, and a record of involvement in research and public policy, including public or academic service.
How to apply
Interested applicants can learn more about the bureau’s advisory councils and find instructions on how to apply on the CFPB website