The NCUA is encouraging credit union professionals to sign up for its new Financial Literacy & Outreach newsletter.
The NCUA says that the newsletter will focus on consumer finance and education, including insights and data on important consumer topics, NCUA initiatives and resources that support credit unions and financial educators in developing and enhancing financial education programs that support consumers at all stages of their financial journey.
Topics may include:
- teaching members about credit unions;
- starting and maintaining checking and savings accounts;
- understanding consumer rights as they relate to property appraisals and housing discrimination;
- building and maintaining credit;
- learning about cryptocurrency;
- spotting fraud and scams; and
- upcoming webinars and conferences.