New York advocates hiked the Hill in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, advocating for New York state credit unions and consumers. The legislative visits are in conjunction with the 2023 CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference.
Credit union representatives and New York Credit Union Association staff met with several legislators and/or their staff during Tuesday’s hike, including Sen. Chuck Schumer and other legislators, including:
- Rep. Anthony D’Espositio (R-NY-4);
- Rep. Brian Higgins (D-NY-26);
- Rep. Pat Ryan (D-NY-18);
- Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY-16);
- Rep. Nick Langworthy (R-NY-23);
- Rep. Brandon Williams (R-NY-22);
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY); and
- Rep. Joseph Morelle (D-NY-25).
Additional legislative meetings are scheduled for Wednesday. The Association thanks the legislators for taking the time to hear from advocates about the credit union difference!