Nominations are open for the National Credit Union Foundation’s 2019 Herb Wegner Memorial Awards, which honor individuals who have dedicated their lives to the credit union movement.
Winners will be honored at the National Foundation’s annual awards and fundraising gala on March 11, 2019, in conjunction with the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.
To submit a nomination, click here.
Here are the complete details:
Nominations Now Open for 2019 Wegner Awards
Credit union supporters are encouraged to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation). Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards and fundraising gala on March 11, 2019 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
“Year after year the Foundation honors individuals and programs who have dedicated their life to the credit union movement,’” said Gigi Hyland, Executive Director at the Foundation. “We encourage you to nominate those deserving of the highest national honors in the movement so they can be honored for the impact they have had on people’s financial lives.”
Nominations need to be made by Friday, August 10, 2018 for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the Foundation website (ncuf.coop).
- Gather at least five personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by August 10, 2018.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Jennifer Speth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.231.4979.
About the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards: The awards are named in honor of the late Credit Union National Association CEO Herb Wegner, whose tireless dedication, innovative ideas and deeds truly revolutionized the ways that credit unions serve their communities. The awards that bear Wegner’s name recognize his spirit of “innovative, creative, risk-taking” leadership. View past award recipients here.
About the National Credit Union Foundation (ncuf.coop): The National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) is the charitable arm of the U.S. credit union movement and works as a catalyst to improve people’s financial lives through credit unions. Through grants and programs, the Foundation is strengthening financial well-being, igniting passion and instilling knowledge about the credit union difference, and uniting resources to help credit union people during disaster. Donations to the Foundation ultimately enable credit unions to help their members reach life-changing goals and achieve financial freedom.