Nominations are open for the National Credit Union Foundation’s 2020 Herb Wegner Memorial Awards, which honor individuals who have dedicated their lives to the credit union movement.
Winners will be honored at the National Foundation’s annual awards and fundraising gala on Feb. 24, 2020, in conjunction with the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.
To submit a nomination, click here.
Here are the complete details:
Nominations Open for 2020 Herb Wegner Memorial Awards
Credit union supporters are encouraged to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the Foundation. Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards and fundraising gala on February 24, 2020 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
Click here to download the nomination packet.
“We are once again looking for individuals and organizations who have gone above and beyond to embody the mission and vision of the Foundation,’” said Gigi Hyland, Executive Director at the Foundation. “It’s important that we continue to celebrate and honor those in our movement who have dedicated themselves to improving the financial lives of others, serving as shining examples of the credit union difference.”
Nominations need to be made by Friday, July 26, 2019 for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the Foundation website (ncuf.coop).
- Gather at least five personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by July 26, 2019.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Jennifer Speth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.231.4979.
About the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards:
The awards are named in honor of the late Credit Union National Association CEO Herb Wegner, whose tireless dedication, innovative ideas and deeds truly revolutionized the ways that credit unions serve their communities. The awards that bear Wegner’s name recognize his spirit of “innovative, creative, risk-taking” leadership. View past award recipients here.
About the National Credit Union Foundation (ncuf.coop):
The National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) is the charitable arm of the U.S. credit union movement and works as a catalyst to improve people’s financial lives through credit unions. Through Foundation grants and programs, the Foundation is strengthening financial well-being, igniting passion and instilling knowledge about the credit union difference, and uniting resources to help credit union people during disaster. Donations to the Foundation ultimately enable credit unions to help their members reach life-changing goals and achieve financial freedom.