The World Council of Credit Unions is seeking nominations for the World Council Young Credit Union Professionals scholarship program, an international networking and educational opportunity for emerging credit union leaders.
Nominations are due by May 31, 2019, and the scholarships will be awarded at the 2019 World Credit Union Conference, July 28-31, in the Bahamas.
The WYCUP scholarship, as part of the diversity & inclusion conference track, is dedicated to advancing young leaders worldwide and leveraging opportunities presented by WOCCU to promote professional development throughout the conference week. Up to five recipients will be awarded WYCUP scholarships for an all-expenses-paid trip to the 2020 World Credit Union Conference.
To be eligible for the scholarship, nominees must:
- be 35 years of age or younger on January 1, 2019;
- demonstrate leadership, personal commitment and the potential to significantly influence credit unions or financial cooperatives in or outside their country;
- be actively involved as an employee or volunteer with a credit union or other financial cooperative affiliated with WOCCU, which includes organizations affiliated with any national organization belonging to WOCCU;
- actively participate in the World Credit Union Conference in the Bahamas, including the diversity & inclusion conference track;
- not have been a previous WYCUP scholarship recipient; and
- not be a current WOCCU employee.
World Credit Union Conference registrants ages 35 and younger qualify for a discounted registration fee and can participate in all sessions, regardless of whether or not they apply for the scholarship.
To learn more, visit WOCCU’s website.